The Wisconsin Field House (aka “UW Fieldhouse”), which opened in 1930 and was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998, seats 11,500 and is home to the University of Wisconsin volleyball and wrestling teams. The first sellout for the Wisconsin volleyball team came against then-No. 2 Penn State on October 21, 2007 (Wisconsin was #8). Penn State won the match 3-2 and went on to win the National Championship.
The “W” crest at the top of the Field House is the official emblem of the University of Wisconsin–Madison.